|| ST&A Projects|
The course on the "Handling of fire extinguishers" is now offered in the CERN Training Catalogue.
You can register directly using the following link:
"Manipulation d'extincteurs" - "Handling of fire extinguishers"
Additional information are available on the "Health & Safety at work" page.
If you have additional questions or specific training request, please contact the Safety Training team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
23-JUN-10 - Implementation of the "Handling of fire extinguishers" course
Objective of the course:
- Be able to give the alarm
- Be able to use the means for a first intervention to deal with fire
- Know how to choose the products and the means to deal with a real fire
Content of the course:
- The phenomenon of combustion and the way fires spread
- The triangle of fire; classes of fire extinguishing agents (basics on fire, classes D and F)
- Fire extinguishers: presentation section and instructions for use
- Basics on fire prevention
- Demonstration of effectiveness of extinguishing agents
- Exercises by all participants on fire of solids, liquids and gases.